Inspiration: London LovePosted: April 28, 2011
In honor of the royal wedding, which admittedly I am quite intrigued by, I thought I’d post an inspiration board paying homage to London and love. Enjoy!
1. Big Ben drawing
2. Union Jack Clutch (which I’m currently obsessing over) by Alexander McQueen
3. Liberty of London Union Jack floral print
4. Rainy London
5. A sixpence. Appropriate for a British wedding. The saying, “Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, and a silver sixpence for her shoe” is believed to have originated in Victorian England. It is said if you follow it, good luck and good fortune will be bestowed upon the bride and groom.
6. Gorgeous engagement shot in front of Big Ben by Segerius-Bruce.
7. The red telephone booths were designed to be easy to spot. They certainly are iconic, yet only a few truly remain.
8. The City of London asked Saffron to Design a new Identity for the City. This was one of the recommended designs that was ultimately not choosen. The logo was inspired by clouds and the typographic spirit of London.
9. Best way to survive rainy London: Cute rain gear
Will any of you be watching the royal wedding at a middle of the morning watch party?