Greetings From DenverPosted: April 4, 2011
Hi all. This is my first blog post. Ever. Bear with me! I don’t consider myself a writer by any means, but thought I’d give blogging a shot. I’ve been reading so many blogs lately (wedding blogs=addiction), that they have inspired me to start my own and there’s no better time than the present. I plan on writing about everything from being a full time freelancer, to my upcoming wedding, to projects I’m designing, to living in Denver, to things I simply want to share, all from a designer’s point of view. There’s not a magazine I pick up or a billboard I pass that I don’t have an opinion on, so maybe sharing them with you will inspire you to see design in your everyday life.
A Few Facts About Me
1. I’m a graphic designer. Thus, this design oriented blog. Currently work samples can be found at my portfolio site. Check it out to see what I do and my style. While working on this blog I will also be updating my new website. As soon as it’s ready, this blog will be transferred to be within the new site. More about my design background to come…
2. My family couldn’t be more spread out. Literally, we could not live farther from each other without leaving the United States as we are spread from Hawaii, to Denver, to Oklahoma, to Florida.
3. After I moved from New York to Denver, I made the decision to transition from a full time graphic designer at a boutique design studio in Manhattan to a full time freelancer. There are things I love and things I hate, but that’s another post for another time (see, I think I’m going to enjoy this blogging thing).
4. I’m engaged and getting married to my best friend (I know, cue eye roll ) in May. We’re getting married in Hawaii and we couldn’t be more excited. I think the upcoming nuptials have a lot to do with starting the blog sooner rather than later, as I’d love some documentation of the details.
5. I have a dog named Logan. She is perhaps the smallest dog in Colorado, but not lacking in personality. Her interests include napping, spaz sessions, humping her bed, eating poop, and providing endless entertainment to this girl.
Any readers (I’m not kidding myself that there may be none) have a blog? I’ll subscribe to yours if you subscribe to mine 😉